IT Infrastructure Engineer (f/m)
There is the typical job. Arrive, push paper, depart, and repeat. Then there is a dedication at Cinemo. Where you're encouraged to go further. To explore new paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because at Cinemo, changing the automotive world just comes with the job description.
Cinemo, a young and relatively small but highly successful global company, a hidden champion, located at the heart of Karlsruhe, Germany, is creating embedded multimedia software for the next generations of In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. Our customers are top brands automotive companies around the world.
At Cinemo, we highly rely on our IT systems to support our consumers around the world. We are seeking an experienced IT specialist to join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us always better. In this role, the successful individual will monitor our current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, and provide training and support, as needed. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, network maintenance and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and system improvements
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and employee productivity
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Configure and administrate business-critical applications, such as defect management, wiki,
artifact server, source code repositories, internal cloud applications, etc.
- Serve as the subject matter expert supporting VMware vSphere, Windows, and all common
office software and applications, such as Microsoft, Adobe and other products
- Install, configure, and support workstation software, hardware, printers, and phones
- Analyze staff needs, identify vulnerabilities, boost efficiency and accuracy
- Execute system and network administration, design, documentation, implementation and
testing, ensuring components meet needs and work together seamlessly
- Implement applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Implement and monitor daily backup, archiving and recovery procedures
- Monitor systems, servers and applications to prevent unplanned outages
- 5 years’ experience in IT
- Excellent know how in the field of the most common Linux distributions as well as technologies
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems; current equipment and technologies, backup, archive and recovery procedures and system performance-monitoring tools
- Advanced computer skills and detail orientation
This position requires someone who:
- Is willing to work in Karlsruhe, Germany
- Is self-motivated, proactive and able to work under minimal supervision
- Pays attention to details and is highly organized
- Has strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Works collaboratively w
- Has excellent communication skills and good knowledge in English
- Has ability to work in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out
in rapid succession
- Is in tune with technologies and advancements in and around the field and uses them
appropriately to improve the product quality and speed of delivery
Please send your job application to Stephanie Lesser (email@example.com). Looking forward!
Cinemo GmbH, Kaiserstr. 72, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany