Security Software Engineer C/C++
There is the typical job. Arrive, push paper, depart, and repeat. Then there is a dedication at Cinemo. Where you're encouraged to go further. To explore new paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because at Cinemo, changing the automotive world just comes with the job description.
Cinemo, a young, small but highly successful global company, a hidden champion, located at the heart of Karlsruhe, Germany, is creating embedded multimedia software for the next generations of in-vehicle infotainment systems. Our customers are top brands automotive companies around the world.
As a Security Software Engineer C/C++, you will be part of our highly skilled software engineering team. Together with our highly qualified and motivated team members, you will work on development tasks to further extend our software with security related components, services and functionalities ensuring high software quality and revolutionary features.
- Analyze incoming requests for new security-related functionalities and modification of existing security-related functionalities and provide related development effort estimations
- Design, develop new and maintain existing security related functionalities and testcases (including problem solving)
- Communicate with stakeholders on-going development tasks and requests in order to efficiently move forward
- Contribute own ideas in the field and show initiative
- Conceive and implement "small" and "medium" scale architectural solutions in alignment with strategy
- Discuss API or product-behavioral changes with Senior Architects for design validation before fundamental and large scale technical/architectural matters
- Strong experience as C/C++ developer in the security field, ideally targeting embedded platforms
- Strong knowledge and continuous interest in secure programming practices
- Enthusiasm for architecture and implementation details of security-critical software, ideally with hacker kind-of mindset
- Solid mathematical background in the field of cryptography
- Proven knowledge of encryption-related concepts, standards and (network) protocols (e.g. Public Key Systems, AES, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, X.509)
- Good knowledge in use and integration of established Open Source security libraries (e.g. OpenSSL and derivates thereof)
- Good knowledge about security-related tools (e.g. afl-fuzz, Wireshark)
- Ideally experience in integration of Content Protection / DRM systems (CPRM, Widevine, PlayReady, FairPlay), also by use of Trusted Execution Environments (TEE)
- Ideally knowledge in the field of multimedia formats and streaming thereof
This position requires someone who
- Is willing to work in Karlsruhe, Germany
- Is self-motivated, proactive and able to work under minimal supervision
- Pays attention to details and is highly organized
- Has very good knowledge in English
- Is willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster iterations
- Is able to read and understand code as well as develop necessary tools
- Has a passion for delivering a quality experience to customers
- Has ability to work in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out in rapid succession
- Is comfortable working within established code and process frameworks
Please send your job application to
Alexandra Kucherenko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cinemo GmbH, Kaiserstr. 72, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany