Android Automotive OS Engineer (f/m/d)
Who is Cinemo?
Cinemo is a fast paced, highly successful global company, a hidden champion, located at the heart of Karlsruhe, Germany. With our team of 140 people, we are creating embedded and cloud software for the next generations of In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. Our customers are top branded automotive companies around the world.
We are working to empower any device with media. We are growing fast, breathing innovation and customer centricity. For our team we need exceptionally talented, bright people with a drive to work hard for their customers, both internally and externally. If you would like to help us get our software and cloud services into every car, this is your chance to make history.
As one of our Android OS experts in our Software Engineering department, you will be creating the foundation which powers Cinemo's leading-edge Automotive infotainment solutions on the Android platform. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping AOSP to extract the most from available hardware, while ensuring full Android compatibility.
You are in constant exchange with other departments to assess functional requirements and improve integration and experience of Cinemo solutions on Android platforms.
You work closely with our engineers to enable deeply integrated multimedia experiences on our mobile, embedded and virtual devices
You design or modify Hardware Abstraction Libraries for Android support of low-level device features
You implement new or adapt existing AOSP modifications and HALs to new Android versions and integrate them with HW vendor-specific Android variants
You explore new ways of leveraging available hardware platform capabilities to improve Cinemo's application framework and enhance innovative demo prototypes.
You produce well documented architectures and code with focus on high quality, reliability and maintainability.
You keep up with the latest industry trends in related technologies.
Experience + Skills:
- At least 4+ years of working experience in Android OS development
- Excellent Java, Kotlin and C++ programming skills
- Proficiency in using the Google Android SDK and NDK
- Familiarity with Android Build System (Make, Soong)
- Thorough knowledge of the lower layers of AOSP and the Android OS architecture
- Experience modifying the standard Android HALs or creating new HALs, and building AOSP
- Awareness of the Android compatibility program (CDD, CTS)
- Experience with embedded software development, integration and debugging
- Experience with Android Automotive OS (AAOS) and Google Automotive Services (GAS) is preferable
- Is self-motivated, self-reliant and solution driven
- Pays attention to details and is highly organized
- Is always learning, curious, and open to new ideas
- Has good problem-solving and diagnostic skills
- Has good written and verbal English communication skills
The successful candidate will be based at our offices: Cinemo GmbH, Kaiserstr. 72, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany.
If you are passionate about new technology and keen on working within an international team, Cinemo is looking for you!
Submit your application to
We look forward to hearing from you!