IT Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d)
Who is Cinemo?
Cinemo is a fast paced, highly successful global company, a hidden champion, located at the heart of Karlsruhe, (Germany) and Budapest (Hungary). With our team of 140 people, we are creating embedded and cloud software for the next generations of In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. Our customers are top branded automotive companies around the world.
We are working to empower any device with media. We are growing fast, breathing innovation and customer centricity. For our team we need exceptionally talented, bright people with a drive to work hard for their customers, both internally and externally. If you like challenges, join us and help integrate our cloud-based software and services into every car!
At Cinemo, we highly rely on our IT systems to support our customers around the world. We are seeking an experienced IT specialist to join us on this journey, using his/her technological skills to enhance our department. In this role, the successful individual will monitor our current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, and provide training and support, as needed.
Our ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, network maintenance and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and system improvements
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and employee productivity
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Configure and administrate business-critical applications, such as defect management, wiki, artifact server, source code repositories, internal cloud applications, etc.
- Serve as the subject matter expert supporting Linux server administration and system configuration management
- Install, configure, and support workstation software, hardware, printers, and phones
- Analyze staff needs, identify vulnerabilities, boost efficiency and accuracy
- Execute system and network administration, design, documentation, implementation and testing, ensuring components meet needs and work together seamlessly
- Implement applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Implement and monitor daily backup, archiving and recovery procedures
- Monitor systems, servers and applications to prevent unplanned outages
Experience + Skills:
- 5 years’ experience in IT
- Excellent know how in the field of the most common Linux distributions as well as technologies
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems; current equipment and technologies, backup, archive and recovery procedures and system performance-monitoring tools
- Scripting skills (Python)
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool
- Advanced computer skills and detail orientation
- Is self-motivated, proactive and able to work under minimal supervision
- Works collaboratively within a team and with other departments to meet company’s goals and high-quality standards
- Pays attention to details and is highly organized
- Has strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Has excellent communication skills and good knowledge in English
- Has ability to work in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out in rapid succession
- Is in tune with technologies and advancements in and around the field and uses them appropriately to improve the product quality and speed of delivery
If you are passionate about new technology and keen on working within an international team, Cinemo is looking for you!/p>
The successful candidate will be based at our headquarters: Cinemo GmbH, Kaiserstr. 72, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany.
Submit your application to